Remove this ad

thenarrator

Manhattanist

Lead

Aug 9 11 10:32 AM

Tags : :

Who was it here who likened London to Somaliland? Indo Somaliland if I recall correctly. Was that Tenenbaum?

Well Der Spiegel agrees with you. The riots in London are out of control!

Some Londoners are fleeing to the Continent on Eurostar.

A burning capital city. Marauding bands stealing whatever they please. A police force that appears to be impotent. And a fire brigade that can't put out blazes because its rescue forces are attacked by a mob.

The television images dominating screens this week could be right out of Mogadishu. As difficult to imagine as it might be, the pictures aren't from Somalia, but from London, right in the center of Europe. And they will never be forgotten.

Cameron wanted to appoint legendary American "Super Cop" Bill Bratton as Stephenson's successor. Bratton is regarded as the creator of the zero tolerance strategy and was spectacularly successful in the fight against drug crime and organized gangs in New York and Los Angeles.

Bratton in London -- it would have been an interesting experiment. But the attempt failed. Theresa May, the Home Secretary, didn't want an American to head the British police.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

thehoff

Central Park Layabout

#1 [url]

Aug 9 11 12:46 PM

Yikes! The Brits are doing it very hard at the moment. My thoughts are with them.

Yes, indeed it was our very own Tenenbaum who coined the expression. What a stroke of fate to have Der Spiegel make the same conclusion? But we have to be careful don't we, because Alonzo-NY may come out and deride the comparison (and our good fellow member Tenenbaum's intellectual efforts)

Quote    Reply   

machumps

Bridge and Tunnel

#2 [url]

Aug 9 11 12:49 PM

Hoff, it does look very bad there in London now. I read on the internet that baseball bat sales have gone through the roof, and I didn't even know they play baseball in London!

Alonzo is a fuckface. Who cares if he never comes back (I thought he was banned). Tenenbaum was right, douche-bags like Alonzo will just have to eat crow, or in his case, maggot and shit filled stomachs (otherwise knowns as Haggis).

Quote    Reply   

thebrave

Bridge and Tunnel

#3 [url]

Aug 9 11 10:34 PM

HOW DARE THE KRAUTS NAME OUR CROWN JEWEL CITY MOGADISHU
THEY ARE ALL GOBSHITES
JUST LIKE THE LOT OF YOUS
YOU WOULDNT KNOW THE WORLDS CAPITAL IF IT JUMPED UP AND BIT YOU ON THE ARSE
ITS LONDON, AND ITS BETTER THAN ANY OF YOUR SHITE CITIES
SO YOU CAN STICK A SAUSAGE ROLL UP YER HOLE
YOU GOBSHITES!

Quote    Reply   

dudeabides

Bridge and Tunnel

#4 [url]

May 24 13 7:25 AM

The guys who murdered the British soldier yesterday were apparently Somali.

But that's surely a coincidence.

So show some respect to the people of London and don't post hurtful things like this you fucking apes. Imagine how Londoners feel when you speak about their city like this?

it's surely very hurtful to them. The truth hurts - stop posting it!

Quote    Reply   

dudeabides

Bridge and Tunnel

#5 [url]

May 24 13 7:26 AM

HOW DARE THE KRAUTS NAME OUR CROWN JEWEL CITY MOGADISHUTHEY ARE ALL GOBSHITESJUST LIKE THE LOT OF YOUSYOU WOULDNT KNOW THE WORLDS CAPITAL IF IT JUMPED UP AND BIT YOU ON THE ARSEITS LONDON, AND ITS BETTER THAN ANY OF YOUR SHITE CITIESSO YOU CAN STICK A SAUSAGE ROLL UP YER HOLEYOU GOBSHITES!

-thebrave

Does anyone know if this Scotchman is still alive? I wonder if he had a coronary. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help