Remove this ad

bankertobe

Central Park Layabout

Lead

Sep 30 10 10:32 AM

Tags : :

As you know I was in London recently and the city is full of these blue, flashing LED lit bicycles around the city. They are known as Boris Bikes because of the mayor of that city, BORIS JOHNSON.

This NOICE GENTLEMAN OF YE OLD LONDON TOWN allowed himself to model the boris barclay's bikes of London just for our forum. NOICE ONE CHAPPIE! As you can see, the bicycles are used by businessmen too, but I don't get how they can ride them without helmets. That can't end well when some of these drunken English dudes try to ride home after a POINT AT THE PUB!

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

bankertobe

Central Park Layabout

#1 [url]

Sep 30 10 10:34 AM

The problem that this man and the other's behind him, including others in business attire was that there were no free places to put the bikes back in their stands. There was another stand around the corner which was also full. The stand pictured here for the forum is opposite Kings Cross St Pancras in a very busy part of YE OLD LONDON TOWN and I hope you enjoy the photos!

I'm doin' my BBA and my MBA and I'm gonna be a banker AND IF YOU WANT THE PRESTIGE FLY WITH THE BIG MBA BOYS LIKE ME www.twitter.com/BANKERTOBE

Quote    Reply   

londonboy

Central Park Layabout

#4 [url]

Oct 6 10 1:01 AM

I witnessed the aftermath of an accident between a boris bike and another cyclist at Argyle Street just about an hour ago. The Boris Biker seems to have come away better off with his bike intact and on his feet, the other guy was on a racer and parts of his bike were all over the street.

This leads to two conclusions.

1. Are the Boris Bikes bulky and strong? Yes.

2. Are the Boris Bikes being ridden by people who haven't ridden a bike before? Probably Yes.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Nov 1 10 3:18 AM

The problem with the bikes is that what was once a pedestrian safe area now risks being disturbed by people with no experience riding bicycles in London or anywhere with a lot of foot and road traffic, and many of these people I would guess are from Europe where in certain parts the emphasis upon courtesy and safety isn't as high as it would be in other places.

That's never a nice or safe thing.

The Other West-End-er

Quote    Reply   

bagelology

Central Park Layabout

#6 [url]

Nov 24 10 2:27 PM

The locals in London are not all in praise of these bikes. Suddenly curbs, sidewalks and roads are full of pushy, speedy, deathly cyclists  all too ready to wield their new found power over the pedestrian.

At least the Boris Bikes have a serial number. But its not enough for those who are knocked down by these bikes, be they pedestrians or other more experienced cyclists.

I like bagels.

Quote    Reply   

capotesghost

Bridge and Tunnel

#7 [url]

May 25 11 12:21 AM

Hundreds of Boris Bike users have been overcharged in an error by the contractor "SERCO". Some were overcharged as much as 3000 pounds in a week.

ES

Nearly 600 people had money withdrawn from their bank accounts last week for journeys they had not taken. Although most were overcharged by less than £10, one customer had £300 taken and 24 others lost more than £50.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help