Remove this ad

archnyer

Knickerbocker

#41 [url]

Feb 12 11 10:29 AM

Its heartening to know that the glass cladding is going up and that the Freedom Tower is more than half way complete, almost 10 years after 9/11.

-thehoff

Hi Hoff. I have posted a video showing the construction and installation of the glass cladding taking place on the One World Trade Center just in the last couple of months - and at the very end you can see a timelapse of it. It is very impressive to watch.

ArchNYer from SleepNY!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

parker

Bridge and Tunnel

#43 [url]

Feb 26 11 7:48 AM

Nice structure. I wonder how it will look looking down from Midtown.
-streetrunner

I just posted an aerial render viewing One World Trade Center and the new WTC buildings from Brooklyn. It looks mighty good.

Quote    Reply   

thenarrator

Manhattanist

#45 [url]

Feb 28 11 8:35 AM

It's looking quite good.
Photo capture from the 1 WTC construction webcam 18 January 2011

Yorker, I have to say this again : this shot taken by a robot (the webcam) is arguably the most ambient and atmospheric photo of the construction of One World Trade Center - ever.

The Sleep New York-er from MePa!

Quote    Reply   

archnyer

Knickerbocker

#46 [url]

Apr 27 12 4:01 AM

TIME LAPSE OF CONSTRUCTION OF THE FREEDOM TOWER / ONE WORLD TRADE CENTER

On Monday April 30, 2012, the 1 WTC will be the tallest building in New York City, bringing an end to the second era of the ESB as NYC's Tallest Building from September 2001-2012. These are great days for the city and architecture in New York.

ArchNYer from SleepNY!

Quote    Reply   

archnyer

Knickerbocker

#47 [url]

Apr 30 12 1:22 AM

Today, 30 April 2012, the WTC 1 is now the tallest building in Manhattan and NYC, surpassing the Empire State Building. Congratulations to all involved. Downtown once again takes its place as the seat of the King of all New York City Skyscrapers, and the ESB ends its second reign as NYC's tallest, which it has for a little over 10 years and a half years.

ArchNYer from SleepNY!

Quote    Reply   

thenarrator

Manhattanist

#48 [url]

Sep 16 13 4:59 PM

FOOTAGE OF THE SPIRE LIFT ONTO ONE WORLD TRADE CENTER
AUGUST 2013

The Sleep New York-er from MePa!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply