Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 15 09 2:46 AM

Tags : :

New novel from Leslie Siegel "Livin' Life At The UN Plaza"

"UNITED NATIONS PLAZA LESLIE SIEGEL's NEW NOVEL Livin' Life At The UN Plaza about life living at the UNITED NATIONS PLAZA IN NYC! A FAMILY LIVED AT THE UN PLAZA IN NEW YORK CITY DURING THE 60's & 70's SO READ ABOUT THE OSBERG FAMILY WHO LIVED AT THE UN PLAZA & WHOSE KIDS ROY, RICHARD, ELIZA AND GLINDA HAD MANY CHILDHOOD ADVENTURES THERE WITH Johnny Carson Joanne Carson, Cliff Robertson Robert F. Kennedy & Ethel Truman Capote and celebrity types!"

"It was a bright sparkling winter morning as the sun rose over the East River with Riverside Drive winding its way around the various scrubby green parks dotting the curbs and streets of the lower East Side of Manhattan! The famous Twin Towers were in foreground gleaming brightly and sparkling in a Countessa setting of diamonds!"

Read it all here - and dont forget your giant ketchup bottle.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

leslie siegel

Bridge and Tunnel

#2 [url]

Jan 16 11 4:23 PM

YES, Tikinyc, it is! Everything in this book is true blue! All the events happened. I will be rearranging things a bit to bring up the big excitement of the novel, to the top, does the beginning read a bit long winded, like you want to skip it and move to next chapter? Let me know. I have the vivid memories of that place 860 UN Plaza. I still recall when Robert F Kennedy came into the elevator and as we rode from 23 down to lobby, he looked at me and said "Hmmmm, I've been wondering whether you are a boy or a girl!" And Truman Capote said, "Dear, you have the most dirtiest toenails, tsk tsk tsk, dirty dirty dirty toenails!" I called him Santa Claus because he had a big red nose, for obvious reasons. Otherwise, it's a nice read. You can actually skip around and come to any chapter and it's like the first chapter. Start in middle and work yourself around. it seems to get better as it progresses! Thanks. I will be minding the store here at Sleepny.lefora.com... Best, Leslie Siegel

Leslie Siegel Blogger Queen

Quote    Reply   

eastvillager

Central Park Layabout

#4 [url]

Jan 17 11 10:21 AM

Yes, welcome to the forum Leslie.

And like Big says please give us the scoop! We are all like hungry dogs here, tongues out, ready to hear more of your stories!

Quote    Reply   

thenarrator

Manhattanist

#5 [url]

Jan 17 11 10:31 AM

Yes, welcome to the forum Leslie.
And like Big says please give us the scoop! We are all like hungry dogs here, tongues out, ready to hear more of your stories!

-eastvillager

+1

Welcome to Sleep New York Leslie!

The Sleep New York-er from MePa!

Quote    Reply   

leslie siegel

Bridge and Tunnel

#6 [url]

Jan 17 11 10:37 AM

Why thank you people of the sleepny! It's so odd for me to see it. What do you guys want to know? Truman Capote said I had dirty dirty toenails? And Robert F. Kennedy wondered back then if I was a boy or a girl! I am the blogger queen and if you want check me out, it's wild stuff and sometimes I cannot believe it all myself, but my adventures as a kid in NYC is definitely worth talking about too: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=blogger+queen+leslie+siegel&cp=15&pf=p&sclient=psy&site=&source=hp&aq=0v&aqi=&aql=&oq=blogger+queen+l&pbx=1&fp=f478bdfafcb0c911

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

matter

Bridge and Tunnel

#7 [url]

Jan 17 11 10:41 AM

Hi Leslie! Great to see you here on Sleep New York. Please invite all of your hot friends too. :)

BTW you can link text by selecting it and then pressing the WWW Link button above and placing the URL in there.

EG, Using the link you have posted above.

LESLIE SIEGEL'S BLOG

I think you have 20 minutes after posting to edit it. Good luck! Also, if you want, you can just delete your link, because I've reposted it here above for you.

Those stories are just great!

I live in Manhattan-Horn.

Quote    Reply   

leslie siegel

Bridge and Tunnel

#8 [url]

Jan 26 11 4:44 PM

I have photos of inside the UN Plaza in our Living room and my bedroom circa 1982, I hope you can see them, as well as a few more photos I took back then before twin towers went! Wow. Time flies! This site has brought memories back I'd forgotten. Thanks for having me as a member. Leslie Siegel

Quote    Reply   

leslie siegel

Bridge and Tunnel

#9 [url]

Jan 26 11 4:50 PM

I have another photo, a combo of sorts. Check it out, it's myself, my brother and sister, I am dressed like American Indian in our den, notice Marc Chagall above our heads on New Years Eve, and Halloween afternoon. See my sister's "peace sign". Those were great days at the UN Plaza. I miss them greatly. Sometimes I wonder if it happened at all, but it really did. I really did dress up like a horse one Halloween with my best friend Serena Sendek in 1970 and Johnny Carson show host thought it was a joke from his show where, at that time, he filmed in New York, so he invited us in. It was a riot and I could smell pot smoke. Then this mean lady that hated us recognized me, because my curly hair was sticking out of the costume. It was like it happened yesterday. My father got such a kick out of that costume! So did Johnny Carson!

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

tokyojoe

Central Park Layabout

#11 [url]

Feb 25 11 5:10 PM

Hello Leslie. Thanks for posting these stories. It sure is nice to hear someone had fun as a kid in New York. But then again, I doubt there is anyone who probably had half as much fun as you did.
PEACE
TOKYO JOE

www.tokyojoe.tk OFFICIAL TOKYO JOE INTERNET WEB-SITE - GET YOUR TOKYO ON! www.thetokyoforum.tk THE TOKYO FORUM at sleep new york

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help