Remove this ad

mctojo

Bridge and Tunnel

Lead

May 7 13 7:49 PM

Tags : :

Adam Liaws piece in the Wall Street Journal (here) has me shaking my head. 

The article should have been titled "Another dumb **** retard foodie journalist discovers Japan."

Seriously? From the article:

"Hakata is known as the home of Japan’s tonkotsu ramen – a thick, rich broth made from pork bones and other ingredients simmered sometimes for days to produce a strongly umami soup with a powerful aroma. I’ve heard the pong of tonkotsu likened to dirty socks, wet dog and a steaming barnyard, but those who aren’t put off by the smell are rewarded with a delicious and authentic noodle soup that has served as a prototype for ramen all over Japan. It’s excellent served with karashi takana, the local spicy pickled mustard greens."

HOLY SHIT HOLD THE PHONES TONKOTSU RAMEN'S HOME IS IN HAKATA - ITS A RICH BROTH MADE FROM PORK BONES - NEWS FROM THE MYSTERIOUS LAND OF NIPPON ON THE INTERNETS FOR ALL TO READ ABOUT THE WONDERS OF MYSTICAL JAPAN - THE MYTHS, LEGENDS AND ANCIENT CULTURES REVEALED - OH SHIT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW THAT ADAM LIAW HAS WRITTEN ABOUT THIS - AFTER LIVING IN JAPAN FOR 5 YEARS I NEVER KNEW THAT ABOUT TONKOTSU RAMEN - ADAM'S BEEN HERE IN FUKUOKA FOR WHAT - 5 HOURS? HOLY SHIT THE WORLD CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS NEWS.

Adam, stick to being a celebrity chef.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

madeinomiya

Bridge and Tunnel

#1 [url]

May 11 13 5:15 AM

Adam Liaws has been around Japan for some time but working as an entertainment lawyer. However, I cannot disagree with you. Every day I read a piece about Japan and shake my head after reading the first few lines. It's like they expect no one to know anything about Japan and then expect people to regard them as having 'deep local knowledge' 

"Another dumb **** retard foodie journalist discovers Japan."?

I would rather say that "Another Mainstream Media Writer Discovers Japan". He may or may not be dumb or retarded because you cannot just judge the man from one article.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help